Cathedral Cove Swim Report 2022
CATHEDRAL COVE SWIM EVENT – RESULTS HERE
Date for the Cathedral Cove Swim 2023 - TBA
This is an idyllic swim from beautiful HaHei beach, through a marine reserve, to the famous NZ landmark of Cathedral Cove, and then back. Or enjoy the scenic walk or boat transporter there. Then swim the 2km back.
Brent has a Diploma in Therapeutic Massage from the New Zealand College of Massage gained in 2004. This is a NZQA approved course and involves 1600 hours of theory and practice.
He offers a therapeutic or deep tissue massage from his Ellerslie practice. Cost is just $60 per hour. Please book as early as possible! Thank you.
Brent has extensive triathlon and running experience to match his swimming coaching skills. Mentored and coached by the great Arthur Lydiard and Barry Magee in running, and Hamish Carter’s former coach Jack Ralston in triathlon, are amongst just some of his former coaches. Combine this with Level One and Two coaching courses and his experience in both short and long course triathlon Brent is sure he can improve your performance and enable you to short cut your way to a better performance.
For the triathlete, I will:
Teach you an effortless and powerful stroke.
Help you understand your movements in the water and its relationship to stroke efficiency.
Increase your confidence level for open water swimming.
Support you during your training period with mental and physical training and race strategy tips.
Show you efficient sighting and breathing for open water swims.
Help you achieve effortless breathing for pool swimming whether you are competing or training.
For recreational swimmers, I will:
Help you to improve all four strokes, if wanted
Show you how to make your stroke efficient
Let you experience interesting and fun workouts to help meet your personal fitness goals
Show you drills, which will help you understand your body better in this environment
For competitive swimmers, I will:
Improve your endurance, technique and mental focus in the water.
Show you how to make all your strokes more efficient.
Help you gain speed and power.
Teach you how to use the walls for efficiency using streamlined underwater techniques.
$60 one-on-one sessions for 50 mins.
$120 per month includes:
* A customised tailor made program for you.
* A complimentary one hour face to face ‘brainstorming’ session.
* A complimentary one hour massage.
* Regularly available for feedback re training.
Two month commitment required.
Brent has been swim coaching in and around Auckland mainly in a part time role since 1983. He has worked with a variety of coaches at a variety of swim pools coaching all levels and abilities. These include:
- Swimming New Zealand Coaching, Beginner Level Adults, Olympic pool Newmarket.
- West Auckland Aquatics Swim Squad, Senior and Junior Competitor Squads, West Wave Henderson.
- Glen Eden Intermediate School, Learn To Swim.
- North Shore Swim Squad, Senior Squad, Birkenhead North Shore.
- YMCA Tri-Squad, Tepid Baths.
- YMCA Learn to Swim children, Development.
- Competition Squad kids, Tri-Squad and Fitness Squad (ten years as Head Coach), Technique and Learn to swim adults, Glen Innes.
- Mt Wellington Swim Club, Head Coach competition and Development Swim Squads.
Coupled with many Swimming NZ Coaching courses and his twenty years as a competition swimmer, surf lifesaver and triathlete he brings plenty of experience to his coaching.